Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What COVID-19 procedures do you have in place?
A: Please click HERE to find out all information
Q: Where are you?
A: Please click HERE to find travel and directions.
Q: What is the minimum or maximum age for the tour?
A: Minimum age is 10 yrs. So far 98 yrs is the oldest we have had! The minimum weight for the standard tour is 5 stone 4 pounds ( 33 kilos) You must fully understand, just like a bike, there is a risk of injury if you fall from a Segway but we do have a very comprehensive training system to minimise the risk.
Q: What time do the tours start and finish
A: Our tours start at 10:30am to 4:30pm, (but can change)
Q: Do you provide training on the Segway?
A: Yes we provide full training.
Q: Do we do Kid’s Party’s?
A: Yes we do but give Paul a ring on 0754998398 so we can sort out the best Deal & Best experience for your party with budget before you book.
Q: Can I book in advance for my tour?
A: Yes, Please call 07549939898 to book
Q: Can I just turn up and have a go?
A: You can but you may be disappointed in the holiday season, as we are usually quite booked at weekends & week days. So do call us before you leave.
Q: Do we have Toilet facilities on site?
A: Yes we do.
Q: is there somewhere I can leave Valuables?
A: Yes we can lock all bags and car keys in the office.
Q: How many can take the tour at once?
A: We can take groups up to 9 -10 people at any one time on the day, pre-booked tours up for more
Q: Can I hire a Segway for a Party or Event?
A: Yes, please see our Sales & Hire page or call us to discuss your requirements.
Q: Do you operate in the rain / snow / ice?
A: We do, but in certain conditions for safety, we may cancel and rebook your tour. If there are any unanswered questions you have then please call us on
Terms and Conditions
- All Gift Vouchers purchased from us are strictly valid for one year.
- Tour bookings are time specific. It is the clients responsibility to arrive on time, on the correct date.
- If you arrive too late to join your tour at your allocated time you may not be able to participate and all payments may be forfeited.
- Tours are subject to cancellation at short notice if weather conditions are not suitable. See cancellation policy below.
- A refund will only be issued if the tours booked (not vouchers) cannot be rescheduled.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour (not Vouchers) was booked and paid for directly with Cann Woods segways.
- Bookings made using 3rd party and “Experience Days” voucher companies will be rescheduled.
- Remember to dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
- This experience is not suitable for pregnant women.
- It is your responsibility to inform the staff of any disability or prior injuries before taking part.
- You will be required to read and sign a statement of risk before participating on the day. This will be witnessed by a member of staff. Any false information could affect your safety.
- Secure footwear should be worn (trainers, light walking boots, etc. but not flip-flops or any open toed sandles please).
- All riders are required to wear helmets which will be provided (you can use your own)
- A parent or responsible adult must sign a consent form for riders 10 to 18 years old and accompany them on the tour.
- A maximum weight limit of 146kg (23 stones / 322 lbs) applies.
- Riders must be comfortable standing for the duration of the tour.
- The rider should be able to shift their weight & be comfortable leaning slightly from side to side and be capable of stepping on and off the Segway PT when required without assistance.
- 3rd party experience day vouchers must be brought with you on the day.
- If you book though an experience day company and do not present your voucher upon arrival you will be required to pay the full price to be able to participate.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable (see below)
- We can not be held responsible for park/site closures or any unforeseen circumstances.
- Cancellation Policy
Should you need to cancel a confirmed tour booking the following policy applies:
- More than 7 days notice – Option to reschedule tour date or request refund of total paid.
- Less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice – Option to reschedule tour date only. No refund unless tour places are resold.
- Less than 48 hours notice – No option to reschedule or refund unless tour places are re-sold. Reducing booking size without the above notice – Liable for full payment of original booking.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour was booked online and paid for directly with Plymouth segway.
- Bookings made using 3rd party and “Experience Days” and Vouchers if still in date will be rescheduled subject to the above restriction.