Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What COVID-19 procedures do you have in place?
A: Please click HERE to find out all information
Q: Where are you?
A: Please click HERE to find travel and directions.
Q: Do you sell Gift Vouchers?
A: Yes we do please click HERE for more info.
Q: The website won't accept my Gift Vouchers?
A: Don't worry just give us a ring and we can assist you 07549939898
Q: What is the minimum or maximum age for the tour?
A: Minimum age is 10 yrs. So far 98 yrs is the oldest we have had! The minimum weight for the standard tour is 5 stone 4 pounds ( 33 kilos) You must fully understand, just like a bike, there is a risk of injury if you fall from a Segway but we do have a very comprehensive training system to minimise the risk, if you are unsure please give us a call for advice.
Q: What time do the tours start and finish
A: Our tours start at 10:30am to 4:30pm, (but can change)
Q: Do you provide training on the Segway?
A: Yes we provide full training.
Q: I'm booking for a kids party do I have to sign a disclaimer for all the children.
A: Yes more information can be found on our advice and guidance for children's parties page
Q: On the main page with tour timings it says "up to 60 mins e.c.t" what does that mean?
A: We leave that in because most people pick it up very quickly but there are odd occasions when some customers through no fault of their own need a little bit more training and confidence before we set off. Most tour run over the time but customers must understand we are a time sensitive activity with other bookings throughout the day. (the tour guide is constantly assessing the situation in real time) this is why it's very important that customers turn up at the correct time.
Q: Do we do Kid’s Party’s?
A: Yes we do but give Paul a ring on 0754998398 so we can sort out the best Deal & Best experience for your party with budget before you book.
Q: Can I book in advance for my tour?
A: Yes, we strongly recommend that you book online in advance to avoid disappointment on the day if you need any help Please call 07549939898
Q: Can I just turn up and have a go?
A: You can but you may be disappointed in the holiday season, as we are usually quite booked at weekends & week days. So do call us before you leave.
Q: Do we have Toilet facilities on site?
A: Yes we do.
Q: is there somewhere I can leave Valuables?
A: Yes we can lock all bags and car keys in the office.
Q: How many can take the tour at once?
A: We can take groups up to 9 -10 people at any one time on the day, pre-booked tours up for more
Q: Can I hire a Segway for a Party or Event?
A: Yes, please see our Sales & Hire page or call us to discuss your requirements.
Q: Do you operate in the rain / snow / ice?
A: We do, but in certain conditions for safety, we may cancel and rebook/refund your tour. We only refund if we have made the decision not to operate because of bad weather and unforeseen circumstances, If there are any unanswered questions you have then please call us on
Terms and Conditions
- All Gift Vouchers purchased from us are strictly valid for one year.
- Tour bookings are time specific. It is the clients responsibility to arrive on time, on the correct date.
- If you arrive too late to join your tour at your allocated time you may not be able to participate and all payments may be forfeited.
- Tours are subject to cancellation at short notice if weather conditions are not suitable. See cancellation policy below.
- A refund will only be issued if the tours booked (not vouchers) cannot be rescheduled.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour (not Vouchers) was booked and paid for directly with Cann Woods segways.
- Bookings made using 3rd party and “Experience Days” voucher companies will be rescheduled.
- Remember to dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
- This experience is not suitable for pregnant women.
- It is your responsibility to inform the staff of any disability or prior injuries before taking part.
- You will be required to read and sign a statement of risk before participating on the day. This will be witnessed by a member of staff. Any false information could affect your safety.
- Secure footwear should be worn (trainers, light walking boots, etc. but not flip-flops or any open toed sandles please).
- All riders are required to wear helmets which will be provided (you can use your own)
- A parent or responsible adult must sign a consent form for riders 10 to 18 years old and accompany them on the tour.
- A maximum weight limit of 146kg (23 stones / 322 lbs) applies.
- Riders must be comfortable standing for the duration of the tour.
- The rider should be able to shift their weight & be comfortable leaning slightly from side to side and be capable of stepping on and off the Segway PT when required without assistance.
- 3rd party experience day vouchers must be brought with you on the day.
- If you book though an experience day company and do not present your voucher upon arrival you will be required to pay the full price to be able to participate.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable (see below)
- We can not be held responsible for park/site closures or any unforeseen circumstances.
- Cancellation Policy
Should you need to cancel a confirmed tour booking the following policy applies:
- More than 7 days notice – Option to reschedule tour date or request refund of total paid.
- Less than 7 days but more than 48 hours notice – Option to reschedule tour date only. No refund unless tour places are resold.
- Less than 48 hours notice – No option to reschedule or refund unless tour places are re-sold. Reducing booking size without the above notice – Liable for full payment of original booking.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour was booked online and paid for directly with Plymouth segway.
- Bookings made using 3rd party and “Experience Days” and Vouchers if still in date will be rescheduled subject to the above restriction.