2 part time job opportunities have become available to join our Segway friendly team at Cann woods Plymouth.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for seasonal work throughout the summer & Christmas period & school holidays.
With over 14 years in the Segway business we offer a Segway experience like no other. Cann woods is Beautiful setting just outside Plymouth on the edge of Dartmoor.
- Experience - Focus on the experience and everything else will follow
- Challenge - Work should be challenging and the challenge should be fun
- Passion - Passion and personality matter, a job isn't just a job, its who you are
- Safety - Check everything, double check it and then check it again
- People - Look after the people around you, care for them, be committed to support them
- Integrity - have fun, be professional, do the right thing
- Talk - engage, communicate and connect with customers and colleagues,
Passion for being outdoors in a weathers.
Own transport or able to commute.
Familiar with social media.
A good understanding of the importance of safety.
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication skills.
To help with day to day running of the site which will include:
. Training with the customers
. Assisting on the tours
. Eventually taking segway tours (when confident) 18+
Qualifications and Skills
Do you have the essential skills we are looking for?
- Willing to provide great customer service and positive experiences
- Happy to work mainly weekends - please also let us know if you can work midweek our events usually run Friday through to Monday.
- Ok to travel and work away from home (only for events)
- Enjoy talking to new people, building rapport and communicating with others
Are you the kind of person we are looking for?
Desirable Requirements – please let us know if you have any of the things listed below please but if you don’t then we are still interested to hear from you.
- Driving License (preferable)
- Any outdoor activity experience either as a hobby or as paid employment
- Any face-to-face customer service experience you have
- If you have attended any of our Segway tour sites
- Any event experience you have
You can also choose WHEN you want to work as we are flexible when allocating work, The role is available year-round with the majority of events taking place in the summer months and most weekends 2 positions available one as Tour Guide 18+ (because of insurance) and other position to assist the tour guide.
Salary: to be discussed at interview but will be higher than minimum wage and will increase with more experience.
Send your CV with Email to